Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE
Here is a complete moving guide checklist provided by Moving and Storage Company:
1. 1 month before moving day:
- Book your moving company.
- Sort through your things to discard all those no longer necessary.
- List all the items that need special handling and care.
- Measure the spaces in the new place to ensure that your furniture fits.
- If packing yourself, secure cartons and packing materials.
2. 3 weeks before moving day:
- Contact all relevant authorities to notify them of your new address.
- Make sure that your new home is thoroughly clean.
3. 1 week before moving day:
- Cancel newspaper, milk and other deliveries.
- Redirect mail through the local post office and messenger services.
4. 2 days to moving day:
- Make an inventory of important medications and first-aid kit.
- Arrange parking and vehicle access for the moving company.
5. A day before:
- See that the packing has started.
- Leave a welcome note for the new resident, with your new address and contact number on it.
- Prepare the things that you will carry yourself to the new home.
6. Moving Day:
- If your possessions are kept under storage or you’re in for a long distance move, check and sign the inventory.
- Continue checking the premises for forgotten items as the loading goes on
- Check top of cupboards.
- Turn of power and lock house.
7. After the move:
- Guide movers as to which furniture goes to which place.
- Contact the new local council for information such as garbage collection and new residents’ registration.
- Smile at new neighbors you meet and say hello.
Source: (Tampa Movers)